ITA   ENG  DEU
Hotel Olivone & Posta: an institution for hospitality and cuisine from 129 years
..

The Hotel Olivone & Posta was inaugurated by the brothers Giacomo e Vincenzo Bolla in 1879, while the construction of the Lucomagno road was being completed.

Because of its strategic location, just beyond the bridge and near a stable for the horses (essential for the Diligence service), the hotel soon became a stopover for travellers and a renowned holiday  place for many distinct families from Mailand and rich Blenio families (who came back from America, England, ....).

In the valley there is still someone who remembers the magnificient porch where many guests used to enjoy their coffee just after finished the impeccable dinner served by the chef Odoni of Bellinzona.

After the First World War, the family Bolla ceded their activity and subsequently several Blenio families alternated in the property and management of the establishment until the family Genucchi-D'Andrea took over and continued the management during the last 30 years.

The Hotel during the years was renovated and widened several time, adding the beautiful garden and a new body to give more space to the post office.

His appearance, however, remains virtually unchanged and still constitude a genuine heritage and an institution for the Blenio Valley.

..
From the book "Post Hotel", Alberghi della Posta nelle Alpi Centrali (Post Hotels in the Central Alps), Francesco Dal Negro, Editions Fratelli Roda SA, printed 30 October 1986.
.. .. ..
.. © hotelolivone.ch – credits
..
.. .. ..
..